Baby Sprinkles are typically, smaller, less elaborate and take a more practical approach to the traditional baby shower.
5 Baby Sprinkle Basics
- Are a great option for a second or subsequent child, especially when the older sibling is of the opposite gender. That neutral pack and play may work for both, but pink ruffles definitely won’t work for little brother.
- Are a wonderful way to honor the dad to be or even a expectant grandparent.
- Take a practical approach to helping the parents stock up on essentials as often it’s designated as a diapers and wipes shower or the group may go in together on a gift card or larger needed item.
- Work well at work. Getting co-workers to attend an event outside the 8-5 can be difficult, but adding the sprinkle on to the end of the day or an existing gathering will make it easier to attend.
- Give the soon-to-be big brother or sister a chance to be involved with planning and celebrating the new bundle of joy.
With a sprinkle, you have a built in theme. Many people choose to work off the rain shower / umbrella concept or cake/cupcake sprinkles.
Our office recently hosted a sprinkle for a precious mom for her second child. We added it onto an existing standing meeting at the end of the work day.
As you can see, it wasn’t in the fanciest of settings, but it worked extremely well.
The menu was very simple: Publix Bakery cupcakes, grapes and berries, chocolate-covered strawberries and lemonade. This allowed us to keep the cost down for approximately 40 friends and co-workers in attendance.
The decor was even simpler with a chambray tablecloth (yes, I should have ironed it) I have had for years (see how I also used it in another recent baby shower here), napkins used as a runner, hydrangeas from the yard, and thrifted cupcake and tiered stands. The cloud balloons and raindrops were adhered to the outside of web developers cubicle because it opens up to the common area where our meetings and this sprinkle were held. Just goes to show you that you can make a cube cute with just a little effort.
For more baby shower and sprinkle ideas I love, please come check out my Pinterest board.
Stay humble, work hard, be kind.