Back again with another quick, simple and delicious addition to any spread. This easy and elegant Date Nut Ball works well to add some sweetness to a finger food spread or can serve as a dessert on its own.
My mom has made this for years, and I have shied away because I honestly thought it was harder than it is. Actually, it couldn’t be any simpler.
Date Nut Ball Ingredients
- 2 blocks cream cheese (8 oz each)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 oz chopped dates
- 6 oz frozen coconut
Date Nut Ball Instructions
- Sit coconut and cream cheese for at least 15 minutes to allow to both to soften up.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks for easier mixing. Add the chopped pecans and dates and work into cream cheese – it is easiest to do this by hand.
- Roll into a ball and then roll in coconut to cover.
- Wrap in wax or parchment paper before wrapping in plastic wrap to store until serving.
- Serve with ginger snaps.
The Date Nut Ball works well any time of the year, but because of it’s snowball like appearance, it’s especially festive for Christmas and New Years.
I just served last week at a gathering of our small group and it was a big hit. Click here to see my quick tip on getting your silver to shine again.
Hope you will try it soon or tuck this recipe away for an easy and elegant option in the future.
Stay humble, work hard, be kind.