Happy May 1st! I love this time of year for many reasons, not the least of which is Cinco de Mayo. I know there are plenty Mexican inspired recipes you can serve your friends and family for this fun holiday, but I want to share one you may not be as familiar with. This Corn Dip is a perfect warm dip, but if you just can’t keep your Scoops and tortilla chips out of it, you can also eat it cold.
Corn Dip Ingredients
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 11 ounce can sweet corn niblets (14 oz works as well if that is what you have on hand)
- 1-2 finely minced jalapenos (I personally do not like touching fresh jalapenos, so I used a couple tablespoons of the jarred variety)
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoned salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- dash of hot sauce
Corn Dip Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350
- Drain corn and thoroughly mix all ingredients reserving some shredded cheese for the top.
- Place in 2 quart dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with Scoops or tortilla chips.
This was a hit at a recent gathering and I have made and left cold for my daughter a few times since then.
This is great for Cinco de Mayo, but would also be perfect for football season as an easy to make and take tailgate dish. Please let me know if you decide to give it a try. Pin the image below for easy reference. Also as with all of our posts, if you like it, we would love for you to share it using the social share buttons below low.
Stay humble, work hard, be kind.